Friday, September 14, 2007

Week 2: Sept 10-14

This week's verse is Daniel 1:17a "God gave these four men wisdom and the ability to learn."

The highlight of school this week is that Noah is reading quite well and is so excited. All he wanted to do was read, so I adjusted the schedule a bit this week to take advantage of his enthusiasm.

I'm still trying to find the best fit for our schedule and instead of getting most done in the morning, I'm finding we have to save a lot of it for the afternoon when the girls are taking their naps.


This is what the schedule looked like this week. Classes were: Bible, memory verse, reading, writing, spelling, math, history, science.

This week in Science: Animal cells

This week in History: The First Farmers and Towns

Monday: class in the morning, pickup Madie at 11:30, lunch and naps at Mom's, more class for Noah, then I leave for piano lessons around 3.



Tuesday: Mom's group 9:30 - 11:30. During this time Noah will be having class with other homeschoolers and Bronwen will have her own "pre-school" type class. Pick up Madie at 11:30, lunch and naps at Mom's, more class for Noah. Today Noah and I were able to get away to the library for a couple of hours. We got much done and I hope to be able to do this again on Tuesday afternoons.



Wednesday - all day at home. Noah is really doing well with his Math worksheets. We are reading about Christopher Columbus and Volcanos in our fun reading.



Thursday : classes in the morning and then Adventure club. Noah got his new notebook and met his new teacher. He was so excited to get the new year started with this club. Bronwen is old enough to be in church mice this year, but she was sick tonight and didn't come. I'm working in the nursery while they are in their classes.



Friday: I caught the bug that the kids have had all week. It really got the best of me so we didn't get a whole lot done today.

One of my favorite things this week was to hear Bronwen walk around saying, "I pledge, under God." She wants to do school too so she has time of playdough and drawing and of course starts out the day with the pledge of allegiance and prayer.

2 comments:

Jayme said...

One of my favorite things this week was hearing Noah read, with enthusiasm, a couple of stories to me for the first time. Loved it. And "I pledge, under God." It's too rich!

Jayme said...

I need another post, Teach!