Astronomy (Usborne Discovery Internet-linked Astronomy)
Planets and moons
Our solar system
History & Geography
Japan: c. 500-1500
Land of the Samurai
-Shinto and Buddhism
-the emperor's court
-nobles and shoguns
-jobs in Japan
-map of Japan
Art & Music Appreciation
Music: Gioachino Rossini
Art: Pattern/Abstract picture study
"Simultaneous Contrasts: Sun and Moon" 1912-13 by Robert Delaunay
"Movement in Squares" 1961 by Bridget Riley
Project: Abstract Weaving
1. take three pieces of paper in different colors.
2. draw wavy lines across one piece.
3. cut along the waves. Don't cut right to the edge.
4. cut the other pieces of paper into strips
5. weave the strips under and over the waves. Turn the weaving over and tape the ends.