Friday, September 7, 2007

Week 1: Sept 4-7


Monday - Labor day
Tuesday - Lessons
Wednesday - Chicago's Shedd Aquarium



We went on our first field trip today: the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. Josh is off work this week so we planned this quick get away for the kids to kick off the school year.




Thursday Highlights:

I asked Noah to draw his favorite animal that he saw yesterday. He surprised me by drawing snakes. We didn't see very many at all, but they made quite an impression on him I guess.




I also asked him to draw a turtle, shark, sea horse and an octopus.


This evening we walked downtown for "Art Beat" and got to see lots of drawing, painting, pottery & jewelry. We were also lucky enough to watch a couple of flaminco dancers for awhile.






Friday: Lots and lots of reading!

2 comments:

Jayme said...

I LOVE all the great artwork! Keep it coming!!

Brittani Renee said...

How fun!
I wish I knew about Art Beat before Thursday night at 11- after it was over!

Better luck next year- I'd love to be a part of it too ;)